Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities follows a double blind peer reviewi policy. All submissions are reviewed internally and externally.
Initial Screening: Initial screening for the suitability of the article for publication in JSSH is carried out by the editorial board and subsequently the manuscript is sent for blind reviewing. Each article is reviewed by at least two national reviewers and one international reviewer from academically advanced countries. Authors are informed about the comments or suggestions of the reviewers and are required to revise their paper whithin the specific time. The article may be resent to the reviewers after incoporating the suggested changes for final review, if required.
Regretting after initial review: A large number of submissions are rejected without being sent out for external peer review on the grounds of priority, insufficient originality, scientific flaws, lack of interest to the readers or non alignment with the scope of the journal. Usually an immediate decision is taken on such papers.
Sending paper to reviewers: The remaining articles are assigned to an associate editors, who sends the same to external reviewers selected from the pool of the experts. The paper may also be sent to a specialist statistical reviewer if the paper demands such expertise. Once the reviews have been received, the editorial team makes a decision to accept or reject a manuscript, or to request revisions from the author in response to the reviewers’ comments. The review process generally takes 04 to 08 months but may take longer that dependsing on review reports from the reviewers.
Selection of reviewers carries much significance for publishing high quality research papers. JSSH selects reviewers on the basis of their expertise, reputation, experience and qualification. JSSH seeks informed consent of the reviewers before sending them papers for review.
JSSH accepts manuscripts for consideration with the understanding that
- Manuscripts are original material and are not under consideration for publication and/or published elsewhere.
- The author(s) have to provide an undertaking that the material in the article is original (not plagiarized) and those who contributed in various capacities have either been included as authors or have been duly acknowledged.
- For any type of plagiarism, the author (s) will be sole responsible.
- The authors will have to fill an undertaking form to authenticate originality of the manuscript and adherence to the publication ethics. JSSH believes that authors must follow the publication ethics and avoid malpractices as laid down by COPE and APA. The paper is published after its clearance for plagiarism as per HEC policy.
- In case of any breach of policy rules is found, the editorial team reserves the right to take legal action/ penalty as decided accordingly.